Everyone's favorite English teacher, Laura, at State of Denmark is collecting data for a project and has created this meme --
1. How long have you been blogging?
Just over ten months now.
2. Why did you start blogging?
I needed to regain my adult vocabulary and writing skills after spending four years at home with a young one and having conversations that focused mainly on bodily functions and sleep patterns.
3. What have you found to be the benefits of blogging?
It has helped me regain my analytical mind and, as a book blogger, gives me an incentive to read regularly. I admit that free review copies are also a nice benefit of blogging.
4. How many times a week do you post an entry?
I post six times a week with one regular weekly feature, Poe Fridays.
5. How many different blogs do you read on a regular basis?
I have about fifty blogs in my Google reader that I read most of the posts.
6. Do you comment on other people’s blogs?
Yes, but maybe not as much as I should. If I see my same comment up, I tend not to repeat. It makes me feel unoriginal.
7. Do you keep track of how many visitors you have? Is so, are you satisfied with your numbers?
Yes, I keep track. I hope for more but I know that I'm just starting out and still finding my voice and discovering what really interests readers.
8. Do you ever regret a post that you wrote?
No, I don't but I'm a book blogger so it would be strange to regret a book review.
9. Do you think your audience has a true sense of who you are based on your blog?
I think they have a partial sense of who I am. I don't reveal a lot of personal information but I'm trying to put more of my personality into the writing.
10. Do you blog under your real name?
Yes, I do. I considered a pseudonym but it just seemed like it would get confusing at some point. I blog about my son under a false initial though since he is only five.
11. Are there topics that you would never blog about?
Not a lot of home-life topics because they just don't fit in the theme.
12. What is the theme/topic of your blog?
Book reviews, reading and book news and such
13. Do you have more than one blog? If so, why?
This is the only blog. I would never have time to write a second one and still live my life!
If you would like to participate, post this meme on your blog and put your link in the comments on State of Denmark's post.
Hoping you enjoy my blog as much as I do,