Sadly, we're at the last day of our wonderful Armchair BEA event. Today, we're talking about the more nuts and bolts aspect of blogging as some of our colleagues are meeting up at the Book Blogger Convention. I'm sure that there are things that I could write about seriously here but it's been a long week and so I thought I would go out with a bit of levity. So, without further ado, I bring you
Top Ten Things Not To Do on a Book Blog
10. Write solely about the books your pets are reading.
9. Write detailed reviews of your college textbooks, including intriguing passages from Campbell's Biology.
8. Begin your reviews with the last paragraph of each novel.
7. Write all reviews in iambic pentameter.
6. Simply post links to other bloggers' deep thoughts about the book with the line "what they said ..."
5. Compose a ballad representing the emotional journey of the main character and then set it to play each time someone visits the post page.
4. Write each post as white text on a white background with the heading SPOILERS when there actually are none.
3. Post a vlog of you reading your previous day's blog post out loud.
2. Read only books you know you will hate so that you can get "controversy traffic".
1. Set your blog to private so that you can trash friends and family members in your reviews.
I hope everyone had a fun week! I'll announce the winner of my giveaway tomorrow so be sure and get your entry in today!
Putting the fun back in blogging,